The Red Cross
On the festival grounds you will find different red cross stands, where all kind of injuries can be treated. The stands are spread over the festival grounds so that a quick intervention/evacuation is possible at all times.
Ever since the early days the Lokerse Feesten have done everything in their power to take the necessary safety measures. Among our many efforts are:
Protect your ears!
The Lokerse Feesten is co-signer of the charter to minimize hearing damage during festivals, an initiative of the Belgian music business. For some years there has been collaboration with the City of Lokeren and the province of Oost-Vlaanderen regarding noise levels and strict rules were established. We are aware of the risks of hearing loss due to too loud music or overexposure to music. For several years we have opted for better music equipment, so that the sound coming through the speakers is not only of excellent quality, but also at an acceptable level. The festival visitors can obtain free ear plugs at the information booth and all drink and food stands on the festival ground. Despite all these preventive measures we advise our guests to not stand directly in front of the speakers at the front stage and give their ears some rest after a conert.
Just as in previous years the area close to the stage has been constructed in such a way as to guarantee the visitors' comfort and safety. A corridor that runs between the stage and the P.A. area, with side-passages on both sides, allows our security people to have a perfect view of the area, as well as penetrate into the crowd. The side-passages also help to prevent the crowd from being pushed towards the stage.
On both sides of the stage it is possible to evacuate people. Besides the entrance and exit there are two extra emergency exits, which are clearly indicated. In case of an emergency our security people and the red cross assistants will take care of the visitors.
Camera surveillance There is 24-hour camera surveillance, allowing a central control room to view the grounds, the entrance and the exits so as to enable quick and efficient intervention at all times.
- Animals: for both the animal's and the other visitors' sake, animals are not allowed on the grounds. Guide dogs for the visually impaired are allowed.
- Dangerous objects: no need to give you a list, you are probably smart enough to know what we mean. You will be checked thoroughly but respectfully.
- Umbrellas: the only thing falling out of the sky will be fantastic music. At the entrance you will be able to deposit your "portable roof" and retrieve it when leaving.
- Crowd surfing.
- Bringing your own drinks: ours are much better and above all our main source of income.
- Cameras or other audiovisual material.
In cooperation with Intro - an organisation that promotes accessible music festivals - the Lokerse Feesten put a lot of effort in making the festival accessible to people with a disability. We make sure the grounds and the surrounding area are easily accessible:
- special parking spaces are reserved close to the entrance for people with a wheelchair
- wheelchair users, people with crutches, … can watch the concerts from a platform giving them a perfect view of the stage.
- the visually impaired can obtain an information folder in Braille from one of the ADL-assistants.
- special toilets are available.
- people with a disability can use the services of an ADL-assistant free of charge, who will assist them with some of the practical problems: going to the toilet, eating, relocating, …
- Whenever a problem occurs with a wheelchair or other aid instrument Intro will try to find a solution. Please do not hesitate to address one of the assistants when you need some help. You will find the ADL-assistant close to the wheelchair platform.